JoeSF
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 205
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 09 ก.พ. 2009, 14:04
team: "NoStringsAttached"

Re: Poll for an all-mountain/freeride bike

โพสต์ โดย JoeSF »

MaMiLk เขียน:I point my finger to PIVOT.
The fantastic DW LInk.
Another talk-of-the-town year for dW Link :D
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
JADE555
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 7878
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 14 ก.พ. 2009, 06:31
Tel: อยากรู้ให้โทรมาถาม (- -")
team: CARBON ASS!!!
Bike: เหล็กมาร

โพสต์ โดย JADE555 »

The fantastic DW LInk.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ปั่นต่อไป จนกว่าตูดจะไหม้เป็นเถ้าถ่าน CARBON ASS TEAM

เฟรมบุบกลาง ยางก็แบน แฮนด์ก็หลุด
โซ่สะดุด ล้อสะบัด เฟืองก็แหลม
ยางนอกโล้น ขอบล้อแตก ยางในแพลม
สนิมแจม ลูกปืนร้าว รองเท้าพัง!!
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
maverick
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 137
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 18 ส.ค. 2008, 14:39
team: ไม่มี
Bike: seven duo, ibis mojo carbon, ibis alibi, moots ybb, merlin echo, ellsworth moment, titus racer x, intense spider

โพสต์ โดย maverick »

Hey Joe, I'd go with the HD Keeping it in the family.
รูปภาพ

I like my Moment too but it's on the rougher end of all mountain.
รูปภาพ

Or the all time favorite the Maverick ML8
For about $500 you can make it a Naked 8 and $350 more get the new link that has ISCG 05 plate so you can use Hammerschmidt.
รูปภาพ

I rode the Pivot for a few weeks and I love it although it has the custom valve RP23 on it to save weight I think the DHX Air would do a better trick.

All of these selection would build up 27-30lbs but comfortably 32lbs of course with AM tire 2.35. All will rip the mountain up or down.

Actually, I have a wild card selection for you.
Canfield brother The One This bike just plain cool. 7-8" travel weight about 7lbs frame.
รูปภาพ
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
maverick
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
Bike: seven duo, ibis mojo carbon, ibis alibi, moots ybb, merlin echo, ellsworth moment, titus racer x, intense spider

โพสต์ โดย maverick »

Hey Joe, are you living here in the States? Pm me. Maybe we can go ride. You can test out the bikes. I'm putting the Hammerschmidt on the Seven Duo then the ML8. It would be a sweet ride.

Mav,
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
oam
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 479
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 19 ธ.ค. 2008, 18:17

โพสต์ โดย oam »

maverick เขียน:Hey Joe, are you living here in the States? Pm me. Maybe we can go ride. You can test out the bikes. I'm putting the Hammerschmidt on the Seven Duo then the ML8. It would be a sweet ride.

Mav,
I think he is in Japan kub :P
welcome to Bikeaholics
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
JoeSF
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ

โพสต์ โดย JoeSF »

JADE555 เขียน:
The fantastic DW LInk.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I wish the Pivot FB wouldn't become sold out that fast for this year :mrgreen:
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
JoeSF
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ

โพสต์ โดย JoeSF »

maverick เขียน:Hey Joe, I'd go with the HD Keeping it in the family.
รูปภาพ

I like my Moment too but it's on the rougher end of all mountain.
รูปภาพ

Or the all time favorite the Maverick ML8
For about $500 you can make it a Naked 8 and $350 more get the new link that has ISCG 05 plate so you can use Hammerschmidt.
รูปภาพ

I rode the Pivot for a few weeks and I love it although it has the custom valve RP23 on it to save weight I think the DHX Air would do a better trick.

All of these selection would build up 27-30lbs but comfortably 32lbs of course with AM tire 2.35. All will rip the mountain up or down.

Actually, I have a wild card selection for you.
Canfield brother The One This bike just plain cool. 7-8" travel weight about 7lbs frame.
รูปภาพ
Well, you got it right! The Mojo HD is gorgeous. I now wonder whether there would be any angle to view the Mojo frame not to be this beautiful :) Too bad, the Mojo HD is very costly here like...3,800 USD :evil:

Just in case if you happen to have a Mojo HD built in the future, please do not forget to share this sublime ibis here!!

Hey, Mav, I no doubt love that Canfield Brothers One...a lovely wildcard even though we rarely know how their parallel link suspension can stack up against the Pivot FB (dwLink + floating ???). The One is a tempting one, basically :D
รูปภาพ
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
JoeSF
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ

โพสต์ โดย JoeSF »

maverick เขียน:Hey Joe, are you living here in the States? Pm me. Maybe we can go ride. You can test out the bikes. I'm putting the Hammerschmidt on the Seven Duo then the ML8. It would be a sweet ride.

Mav,
No, Mav, I am not living in the States....but Japan. Thanks for asking me to go ride. I wish I could do a ride in Fruita or Moab (daydreaming!!!). Hey, I can't imagine how the Seven Duo would look with the Hammerschmidt? Are you being the first to do this?
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
JoeSF
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ

โพสต์ โดย JoeSF »

oam เขียน:

Mav,
I think he is in Japan kub :P
:)

What should be the next best thing there? Turner or Pivot or Ells?
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
maverick
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ

โพสต์ โดย maverick »

Well I like the RFX DW but it will be a long while since it's only one available right now and Dave is riding it. I spoke to him, he said that the focus is on DHR then the RFX. May be 2011-2012 depends.

I bench-mark your selection against the Maverick ML8, which I consider to be the best climbing-descending design. Mine built at 28.3lbs with Industry nine Enduro wheelset and Duc32 fork. Maverick Speedball seat post and Nev' 2.35 Stan's
I like the ML8 because well, it's 165mm travel that climb great not for the bike in the category, it climb great period. As for Descending with 165mm and 2.35 tire you don't have to choose the line much you can just roll over them. I'm waiting for the Carbon Duc36 longer travel fork would definitely be great. Alright on with my opinion.

Then the next one would be Ells. It different kind of ride out of the bunch. Most high-end bike nowadays focus on somewhat firm feel on the climb which is not necessary a good thing. Pivot is known for there ready to sprint up the climb feel even on their Firebird. While the rear remain active, you can feel some force fighting the suspension. It has become a norm of the modern AM design. It climb more like an Intense 5.5 than the Ibis Mojo or Blur LT. Descending the Firebird is fun though RP23 has it's limit it ramps up toward the end of the stroke to prevent the bottom out with the DHX air or Rocco WC it should cure this feeling and gives you a bomttomless feel.

Ells feels efficient but not necessary firm it lets you know that you got the travel under you even on the climb which is a good thing you can tackle the technical climb with confidence knowing that the rear wont skid and will tractor up the rock even under power stroke. It's a rare feeling indeed. Although it only has 150mm if travel you would not feel the bottom. I check the o-ring even when it use up all the travel it still feels very plush and linear with a slight ramp at the end to give you a more control. I've never feel the brake firming up Having said that I also think that the Ells is among the heaviest frame out of your line up. Partly due to the humongous walking beam that block the view of the cassette as well. That's really anoying because I disable my gear indicator on my xt shifter to make room for my brake lever since I'm a one-finger-brake I need a bit more room. Usually it's fine I can always look down to see but not with that walking beam.

If you like a One-bike feel I'd go with the Pivot. You can build them 28-29lbs and still bomb. If you have more than one bike and this would fall in to the AM ride I'd go with Ells. It's absolute stunning to look at the walking beam alone takes 12 hrs to CNC, the finish is just stunning and it Made-In-USA. Or if you want to get even more headache throw Tracer and Uzzi in the pot, they are just as much fun to look at and ride as the Ells. If you can afford the weight I suggest the Magura Wotan. It's just an incredible fork.

If you don't care about the brand and want a good bike at lower price check out the Giant Reign XO. I went on a ride with Jared Rando and I rode his fiance's XO I was just blown away. I'm just not a big fan of Giant and Specialized that's all.

Hope I've help more than hurt.
เณรแอร์
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 2798
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 08 ส.ค. 2008, 01:57
team: โรงพยาบาลสกลนคร
Bike: MOSSO
ตำแหน่ง: ร.พ.สกลนคร ต.ธาตุเชิงชุม อ.เมือง จ.สกลนคร 47000
ติดต่อ:

โพสต์ โดย เณรแอร์ »

pak wie
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
mong
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 587
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 06 ส.ค. 2008, 11:05
Tel: 0896356274
team: none
Bike: Santa Cruz

โพสต์ โดย mong »

All my heart now goes for Orange "Damn-Kick-Arse-British" Five :)
รูปภาพ*

*credit to the owner
อย่ามัวแต่เปรียบเทียบเลยว่าล้อ 26 27.5 29 อะไรจะดีกว่ากัน รถที่ขี่ดีก็คือรถที่ออกแบบมาดีไม่ว่ามันจะอยู่ในขนาดล้อเท่าใด
cht
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 162
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 23 พ.ย. 2008, 22:15
team: BP
Bike: serveral brand

โพสต์ โดย cht »

:lol: for all mountain bike, I'd like to go to Ibis Mojo Heavy Duty (pls, keep your eye on just a bike) :mrgreen:
รูปภาพ
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” - Albert Einstein
รูปประจำตัวสมาชิก
oam
ขาประจำ
ขาประจำ
โพสต์: 479
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 19 ธ.ค. 2008, 18:17

โพสต์ โดย oam »

cht เขียน::lol: for all mountain bike, I'd like to go to Ibis Mojo Heavy Duty (pls, keep your eye on just a bike) :mrgreen:
รูปภาพ
somebody pls take the background out?.... :lol:
welcome to Bikeaholics
ตอบกลับ

กลับไปยัง “ห้องโชว์รถ”